A sliding glass door installed on your patio gives you simple access into the house from your terrace arrangement. Sliding glass doors are installed in a frame that has tracks running along the top and bottom. The door runs easily along the track using rollers, which are installed at the bottom of the door. Provided that you’re not replacing old doors, have an opening for the doors professionally installed before you install the doors to guarantee the structure is sound and the whole opening is even.
Removing the Old Door
- Remove the two sections from the fixed side of the sliding door, using a screwdriver to take out the screws.
- Lift up on the door so the bottom wheels are out of the more level track, and pull advance on the bottom to remove the door. Have a colleague help you, since the door will be substantial.
- Remove the nails from the old door frame, using a sledge.
- Pull the threshold forward, and pull the frame far from the opening.
- Remove any spoiled wood from the door frame, using a pry bar.
- Reduce another bit of 2-inch by 6-inch board, using a saw, and put it in place of the decayed wood. Measure the level of the 2-inch by 6-inch board and slide shims – scrap bits of wood – under the 2-inch by 6-inch board where it isn’t level. Nail the board down with a nail firearm, then after that cut the shim flush with the threshold, using an utility knife.
Installing the New Door
- Cover the new framing with sheet glimmering. Cut bits of sheet glimmering, using tin cutters. Fold the blazing over the top of the framing and nail it down with galvanized top nails.
- Curve the spine, a metal piece installed around the door, out from the door. It is folded into the door to avoid damage throughout dispatching.
- Run a 3/8-inch globule of silicone caulk down the focal point of the door spine. Place an alternate 3/8-inch globule of caulk an inch far from the outside edge of the door threshold.
- Lift the door up and place it bottom first into the door opening, onto the globule of caulk. Tilt the door in place. Check the level of the sides, top and bottom of the door.
- Mallet in finishing nails along the door frame, as demonstrated in the installation instructions for the door. Install the molding around the door, using the same instructions.